Clicking “Save as” causes Photoshop 6.0.1 to close.

FJ
Posted By
Fred_Jaques
Jun 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time I click “Save as”, Photoshp 6.0.1 closes, i.e crashes. I cannot save anything. There is no warning message. The program just kicks out!

I just moved from Windows Me to Windows XP. This never happened with Windows ME.

I looked at Adobe document 316834 “Program errors in Photoshop 6.0 on Windows”. Solution 1, 3 and 4 did not work. Solution 5 (Recreate the Photoshop general preferences file) worked for a few days. Then I got the problem again.

Rebooting does not help. I have 560 MB of RAM.

Any help very much appreciated!

Thanks

Fred J.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

FJ
Fred_Jaques
Jun 9, 2005
Further to this, I think it may be a conflict between Microsoft Webshots and Photoshop. Photoshop was working fine before I installed MS Webshots.

Maybe I should re-install Photoshop?

Fred J.
FJ
Fred_Jaques
Jun 9, 2005
And even further.

I tried saving the same picture I was working on before. Now it works OK with or without MS Webshots active (i.e. "save as" works fine). I did not reboot between now and then!

But I know that it will probably happen again. Either that same problem or some other program error.
L
LenHewitt
Jun 9, 2005
Fred,

I just moved from Windows Me to Windows XP<<

Did you install XP ‘over the top’ of ME, as an upgrade?

If so, you can expect dozens of problems down the line. XP needs installing to its own folder, preferably on a freshly formatted partition, and then ALL applications and drivers etc. re-installing.
FJ
Fred_Jaques
Jun 9, 2005
Thanks, Len.

No, it was a clean install.
I re-installed all my programs subsequently. They all work except Photoshop (which is working presently, but probably not for long…).

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections