Posted By
Mike_Wells
Jul 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,

I couldn’t find this in a search, so I figured I’d give it a go..

I am trying to create an action for here at work that will resize images, and send them to print. I would like this action to stop at the final print dialog so that I can choose the number of prints, but I don’t seem to be able to do this, is it possible?

Basically, I can’t get out of the ‘Print’ dialog to stop the action, and I can’t insert a ‘stop’ or ‘pause’, am I doing something wrong?

If it matters, I am doing this on a Mac..

Thanks in advance for my help!

Mike Wells

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 1, 2004
Look in the Actions palette. Click In the box next to the check mark in the Print step. That will force the dialog to coke up. But note that your last used print settings will be used so you are almost better off not doing this as an action unless you use the same settings all the time.
MW
Mike_Wells
Jul 1, 2004
Thanks for the advice, I’ll check it out. If nothing else, I’ll run one file through first to get the correct print settings and convert the rest. As an example of how much time this will save, I think I had to resize 20 files from 24×36 to 11×17, and then set them up on a specific printer(Out of 3 choices), set up the correct paper size and orientation, send them to print, save the new file, and close it, so anything to save time will help…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections