BB
Posted By
Bev_B._Allen
Jun 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop 7.0 on a pc. Recently, I’ve been having a problem when I try to save a file as anything but a psd, raw or tiff – these are the only options which appear in the dialog box. I’ve tried ‘Save a copy’ but this makes no difference.

I have reinstalled the program, but am still having the problem. I used to get a long list of various file formats – I’m wondering if I inadvertently changed the settings somehow.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Bev

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 14, 2005
When you reinstalled, did you first delete the Preferences file?

If not try resetting it now by holding Ctrl+Alt+Shift whilst firing up Photoshop. (more about this in the FAQs)

Chris.
BB
Bev_B._Allen
Jun 14, 2005
I just went in and deleted the preferences file whilst Photoshop was booting, but it hasn’t made any difference. Bev
DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
Jun 14, 2005
In version 7, there were a limited number of formats you could save 16 bit files in. Check to see that the files are not in 16 bit, that will limit your choices.
A
AlphaBase
Jun 15, 2005
Also make sure you’re using the correct color space (MODE). If your image is CMYK, there are some file formats that aren’t allowed, for example.

Bill

===========

wrote in message
I am using Photoshop 7.0 on a pc. Recently, I’ve been having a problem when I try to save a file as anything but a psd, raw or tiff – these are the only options which appear in the dialog box. I’ve tried ‘Save a copy’ but this makes no difference.

I have reinstalled the program, but am still having the problem. I used to get a long list of various file formats – I’m wondering if I inadvertently changed the settings somehow.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Bev
G
goodidea1950SPAM-SPAM
Jun 15, 2005
wrote in message
:I am using Photoshop 7.0 on a pc. Recently, I’ve been having a problem when I try to save a file as anything but a psd, raw or tiff – these are the only options which appear in the dialog box. I’ve tried ‘Save a copy’ but this makes no difference.
:
: I have reinstalled the program, but am still having the problem. I used to get a long list of various file formats – I’m wondering if I inadvertently changed the settings somehow.
:
: Can anyone help?
:
: Thanks, Bev

I’m probably wrong but in 7 did you get a message that says you’ll lose some data if you save a multi-layer doc in other than Photoshop format? … or do you just have to flatten before you save?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections