S
Posted By
sdlomi2
Aug 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just installed CS2 on HP computer using easy access keyboard, whose functions I don’t use, & WinXP Pro(LEGIT COPY!). Runs s-l-o-o-o-w & Task Manager shows cpu usage of 99%,; Processes running shows "Starteak.exe" (*Note: ‘eak’) to be the cpu-hungry culprit. That seems to be HP’s "E(asy) A(ccess) K(eyboard)", which if I disable upon each reboot, I can use CS2 just fine.
Any suggestions other than using End Process each reboot? Does anyone know how to use just a generic keyboard and end the Starteak.exe from running at all? Thank you for helping, s

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
RSD99
Aug 3, 2005
"sdlomi2" wrote in message
Just installed CS2 on HP computer using easy access keyboard, whose functions I don’t use, & WinXP Pro(LEGIT COPY!). Runs s-l-o-o-o-w & Task Manager shows cpu usage of 99%,; Processes running shows "Starteak.exe" (*Note: ‘eak’) to be the cpu-hungry culprit. That seems to be HP’s
"E(asy)
A(ccess) K(eyboard)", which if I disable upon each reboot, I can use CS2 just fine.
Any suggestions other than using End Process each reboot? Does
anyone
know how to use just a generic keyboard and end the Starteak.exe from running at all? Thank you for helping, s

Establish a Restore point
Start
Run
MSCONFIG

and turn it off

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections