why is there a black border around my scanned signature?

B
Posted By
Beemer
Sep 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I posted this question in 2004 and raise it again to see if others have solved my problem or can direct me elsewhere.
—————————-
I scanned in my signature into Photoshop 7, cropped it and saved it as TIF with Adobe RGB 1998 profile.

When I embed the image in a MS Word doc the signature is visible and the signature background blends invisibly with the word doc background.

However, if I convert the word doc to a pdf using Adobe Acrobat the signature image is outlined in the page with a 1 or 2 pixel black rectangular border. The image properties in word shows "no border"

I have checked that Photoshop and Acrobat are using Adobe RGB 1998 by default and when documents are opened

What might be causing this and what can I try to remove the border which makes it so obvious that I have not personnally signed the pdf?

Beemer

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
Jim
Sep 9, 2005
"Beemer" wrote in message
I posted this question in 2004 and raise it again to see if others have solved my problem or can direct me elsewhere.
—————————-
I scanned in my signature into Photoshop 7, cropped it and saved it as TIF with Adobe RGB 1998 profile.

When I embed the image in a MS Word doc the signature is visible and the signature background blends invisibly with the word doc background.
However, if I convert the word doc to a pdf using Adobe Acrobat the signature image is outlined in the page with a 1 or 2 pixel black rectangular border. The image properties in word shows "no border"
I have checked that Photoshop and Acrobat are using Adobe RGB 1998 by default and when documents are opened

What might be causing this and what can I try to remove the border which makes it so obvious that I have not personnally signed the pdf?
Beemer
This seems to me to be an Acrobat problem. In Photoshop, you could try using the slice tool to remove a 2 pixel region from the image. Jim
B
Beemer
Sep 12, 2005
"Jim" wrote in message
|
| "Beemer" wrote in message
| | >I posted this question in 2004 and raise it again to see if others have | > solved my problem or can direct me elsewhere.
| > —————————-
| > I scanned in my signature into Photoshop 7, cropped it and saved it as | > TIF with Adobe RGB 1998 profile.
| >
| > When I embed the image in a MS Word doc the signature is visible and the | > signature background blends invisibly with the word doc background. | >
| > However, if I convert the word doc to a pdf using Adobe Acrobat the | > signature image is outlined in the page with a 1 or 2 pixel black | > rectangular border. The image properties in word shows "no border" | >
| > I have checked that Photoshop and Acrobat are using Adobe RGB 1998 by | > default and when documents are opened
| >
| > What might be causing this and what can I try to remove the border which | > makes it so obvious that I have not personnally signed the pdf? | >
| > Beemer
| >
| >
| This seems to me to be an Acrobat problem. In Photoshop, you could try | using the slice tool to remove a 2 pixel region from the image. | Jim
|
|
Jim,

removed "edge" but problem is still evident.

Beemer
O
OzzyBizza
Sep 30, 2005
"Beemer" wrote in
news:yP8Ve.107094$:

Jim,

removed "edge" but problem is still evident.

Beemer
Beemer,
What versions are you using?
I used Photoshop 7, Word 2000 & Acrobar 6.0 Pro ,
but could not reproduce the problem.
Can you post the file?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections