Posted By
stephane277
Jul 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I d like to remove the small black borders that I get after scanning my slides (Nikon LS 5000, 50 by 50).
Using after a script I d like to avoid to make a selection for each picture. File>automate>crop and straighten seems to be for several images in a same scan. Is it possible to use it just for one full picture. How ? (when I use it for one picture, I just get half of it, of course without black borders; I d like to get the full image just without black borders and without making a selection)
Thanks for your help.
Stephane.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 27, 2006
It sounds like you want to automate this. There are a couple of ways that it could be done but the best way to do it depends on the border itself – if it’s the same across the images you wish to crop, and if it’s a pure black.

One way, is to create an action that uses the magic wand tool to select all the black border, then, invert the selection and record Image|Crop Image.

Another way is to record an action that reduces your canvas size by a particular pixel value or percent. By reducing the canvas size, you are in essence cropping the image, provided that you are working on a background without layers.

Maybe that helps?

Peace,
Tony

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections