DV
Posted By
Don_Volta
Dec 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Elements II locks during launch with message: Error "Unable to continue…hardware or system error"; using Windows 98SE. Also have an error in WIN.INI with an incomplete file called ftldr.exe that appears to be related. File also shows as an Acrobat file but will not open so that I can look at. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KW
Kyle_White
Dec 22, 2003
Hmmm, I’m not a Windows guy, but ftldr.exe sounds like the font loader. I do know that PSE2 (Mac and Win) is picky about bad fonts and will crash if it tries to load a duff one. If you’ve got a large number of fonts on your system, you may have to weed through them and eliminate any corrupt ones.

Maybe someone else can lend a bit of knowledge on this one.

Kyle
EW
Ed_Wurster
Dec 22, 2003
wrote…
Elements II locks during launch with message: Error "Unable to
continue…hardware or system error"; using Windows 98SE. Also have an error in WIN.INI with an incomplete file called ftldr.exe that appears to be related. File also shows as an Acrobat file but will not open so that I can look at. Any ideas?

I can’t find the file you mention on Win98, and it doesn’t come up in a google search.

Ed
DV
Don_Volta
Dec 23, 2003
Thanks for looking, Ed. I typed it incorrectly. Should have been fntldr.exe.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 23, 2003
I ran this (fntldr.exe) through Google and found a number of references to it. I don’t run a Windows machine much, so most of them didn’t mean much to me. A couple, though, mentioned this error coming up after a virus scan. You might want to check them out. One mentioned a fix. You might want to run the other error message through Google, too, especially if they seem related. You might find something common. This doesn’t seem to be an error message relating to Elements itself but rather to the operating system.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 23, 2003
Looks very much like a virus may be involved in this one. You need to run an up-to-date virus scan to see if you have a ‘Trojan Horse’ or other virus that’s made its way into your system….
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 23, 2003
I thought I spotted that, too, Chuck, but I didn’t wanna scare the poor guy – especially since I’m not very well versed in Windows. A virus? A "Trojan Horse"? And what kinds of creatures might those be? 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections