Posted By
Temo_Xopin
Jul 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi every body,

I was just wondering if any body know how to create this coloring effect in photoshop.

Here is a link for you to see the image.

<http://www.dotgaindesign.com/arimage.jpg>

I tried making an image black and white then selecting different areas and add color, but it doesn’t look the same. Is there a filter? I looked in a couple of books and didn’t have any luck. So I hope some one here can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Temo

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GB
g_ballard
Jul 15, 2004
try a Levels Adjustment Layer

make about four points in the slope

then really whack out a few those points top/bottom left/right???
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 15, 2004
Your image started life that way.

It was originally photographed using several light sources with different color-filtration for each.

You may be able to emulate the effect by changing the hue/saturation on different selections of various parts of your image.
RG
Rene_Garneau
Jul 15, 2004
try a Levels Adjustment Layer

You mean the Curves Adjustment Layer.
GB
g_ballard
Jul 15, 2004
Yes, of course (Curves) 🙂
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 16, 2004
Ann’s right. And, in addition, the contrast was pushed up a bit. This did not originate as a Photoshop exercise — but you can try to emulate it.

Neil
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Jul 16, 2004
Here’s a Photoshop exercise that can inspire you to do better.

Change the picture’s mode to grayscale first, and than to index color. Now, go to Image>Mode>Color Table>Spectrum OK, than Command+u and move the top slider left and right.

(You may want to convert first to CMYK and copy the Black channel for later use)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections