CW
Posted By
Carol_Wittrock-Gold
May 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any ideas how to apply an effect like Bevel & Emboss to a spot color channel? They want the job to end up as a "2 spot colors only" job (no process colors) but they also want to keep the Bevel & Emboss effect that was used in the original 4-color process version. (Mac OS 10.2, Photoshop CS)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
May 26, 2004
You can’t.

I was hoping it would be included in the latest photoshop.

What I do is use the black and cyan channels of CMYK. Be sure the Y and M channels are empty. so you need to adjust the effects colors to only include Black and Cyan.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 26, 2004
We seem to have two differently-named topics on the same subject!

Carol: please see my answer in your other thread.
CW
Carol_Wittrock-Gold
May 27, 2004
Thanks everyone – I think I’ll try Buko’s idea. I’ll just have to make very sure the printer knows which PMS colors to actually run on the Cyan & Black plates.

Ann – sorry about the duplicate post. It was an accident and I couldn’t figure out how to delete it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections