G
Posted By
G._Klafter
Dec 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I received a gift of Photoshop Elements & Album, however the image is large. Message: Requires 1920 x 1200 resolution. My computer is now running at that resolution; WHAT’S UP? XP PRO operating system.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ray
Dec 25, 2003
When is this message displayed, during which operation? Please give us more details.

Ray
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 25, 2003
Ah, I just came back (now that I have a few moments) to ask the same question, Ray. Some context, such as the operation would be good.

Also, are you working with images from a digital camera? From scans?

If you’ll post some particulars about a sample image, someone can probably get you going real fast. Open your image, and then go to Image>Resize>Image Size and post the pixel dimensions, the document size, and the resolution. Then let us know what you want to do – get a 4 X 6 print? E-mail the image to someone?
I
Ingenia
Dec 28, 2003
Ray,

I received a gift of Photoshop Elements 2.0 & Album, however the image is large. Message: Requires 1920 x 1200 resolution. My computer is now running at that resolution; WHAT’S UP? XP PRO operating system.

Error message is displayed at START UP..

G. Klafter
R
Ray
Dec 28, 2003
Of which of the softwares ?

Photoshop Elements 2.0 and Photoshop Album are two seperate softwares. Elements is for photo retouching, image creation. Album is for organizing pictures, cataloguing collections, designing albums.

Ray
I
Ingenia
Dec 29, 2003
Ray,

The problem is with ELEMENTS. Album is OK.
R
Ray
Dec 29, 2003
Sorry then, I can’t help… I’ve opened images bigger than yours (3072 x 2048) and I’ve never seen this problem before. Perhaps someone else on this board will help you.

Ray
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 29, 2003
Just what do you mean by "the image is large"?
I
Ingenia
Dec 29, 2003
The image is approx 3X normal size and is displayed with resolution message at start up in ELEMENTS only. No problem with Album.
BB
brent_bertram
Dec 29, 2003
What is the message that is displayed on startup ? I wonder if it’s simply a 12 or 16 bit image that is put into 8 bit ( Hmmm ? ).

😕

Brent
I
Ingenia
Dec 30, 2003
As mentioned in G. Klafter post: RE: Elements 2.0. Album is OK.

Error message: Requires 1920 x 1200 resolution. My computer is now running at that resolution; WHAT’S UP? XP PRO operating system.
R
Ray
Dec 30, 2003
Ingenia,

You have one free tech support call with Adobe. If you can’t find the answer on this forum, perhaps
it would be a good idea to try to contact Adobe… ?

Ray
I
Ingenia
Dec 31, 2003
Thanks Ray, I wasn’t aware that Adobe was so KIND as to allow 1 call?

I am now awaiting a response to my e-mail from a live tech. They previously sent a bunch of non-helpful sites. Will post when and if I obtain a meaningful response.

I may just decide to return the product and continue with M/S PHOTODRAW. Less of a hassle.

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR EVERYONE, with some PEACE thrown in.

THUMBS UP,

JERRY
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004
Ingenia,

I’m sorry to hear that (leaving for Photodraw), but.. to each his own software! I respect that. Should you change your mind, come over here again. We’ll be waiting 😉

Happy new year to you too!

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections