KD
Posted By
Kinga_Dow
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just uploaded new Photoshop 7 on my OS X and most of my filter plug-ins are missing and the Automate function is limited to Batch processing and Create Droplet, and I need the Contact Sheet function!

How can I direct the program to the right plugins?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Jul 19, 2004
just uploaded new Photoshop 7 on my OS X

Do you mean you performed a clean installation from the original Adobe install CD?

Try Repairing Permissions (with Apple’s Disk Utility) BEFORE and AFTER any system upgrade as well as BEFORE and AFTER installing any software that uses an installer.

I know it sounds like OS X voodoo, and it is; but it fixes and prevents a bunch of problems.

Additionally, if your machine does not run 24/7 so that it runs the daily, weekly and monthly Cron Scripts in the middle of the night as intended, run Cocktail (shareware) as well.
KD
Kinga_Dow
Jul 19, 2004
I just noticed that all the right filters and plug-ins are in the Adobe Photoshop folder, they just simply don’t appear when I start Photoshop
KD
Kinga_Dow
Jul 19, 2004
Ok, I figuered it out. This is for all of the people that may have the same problem. While you restarting photoshop hold Shift and Command buttons and this will open a window that will let’s you choose a plug-in folder.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 20, 2004
Cmd. K will open the Preferences dialog at any time so that you can add an additional Plug-ins location.
SS
sage_sweetwood
Jul 26, 2004
I’m having the same missing filters problem on windows since I migrated to a new computer with XP. I’ll see if your suggestion works for me
SS
sage_sweetwood
Jul 27, 2004
I tried control-k and found the the filter folder, but it was empty. Nothing was on the installation cd
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 27, 2004
If you bought the Photoshop CD from Adobe I am sure that they would be most interested to learn that it contained no filters.

If, on the other hand, it came from somewhere else, Adobe would probably be grateful for that information too.
SS
sage_sweetwood
Jul 28, 2004
The CD is from Adobe, and they are interested in learning about this if I pay them $40…
R
Ram
Jul 28, 2004
Sage,

If the CD is a legitimate Adobe CD, the filters ARE there. Re-install Photoshop.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections