G
Posted By
guybc
Dec 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Having cut an object from behind a person’s head,I’m trying to fill the space with the same background colour as the sky. I cannot seem to get a match from the swatch. Is there a way that PSE2 can ‘copy’ the exact colour?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 27, 2003
I would use the clone tool.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 28, 2003
There a quite a few ways of doing this. Another way is:

Using the Lasso (set to new selection … set this using the boxes at the top of the screen) make a rough selection around the area you need to fill then move your cursor to the centre of the selection. The cursor will change from a lasso to a pointer and a box shape … you can use this to move the selection onto a patch of sky that matches your colour. Then do EDIT>COPY … next do EDIT>PASTE and you should then have a patch of sky that matches your space.

Use MOVE to move it into the space and if it is not a perfect match you can use the clone tool to tidy it up.

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 28, 2003
You can also use the ‘eyedropper’ tool to sample the exact blue and then paint in the selected area.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections