J
Posted By
jurus
Aug 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I work on some book cover I have made typo in Phs 6. (because of 3d filters needed – delicate emboss etc.), then added background (some green (cmyk) flat color). Flatten image is the front part of the cover, mounted with spine and back in quark.
Customer require Panton (that green) instead of CMYK green. How to combine spot and cmyk colors saving characters’ photoshop style. What about blending colors? How to use character paths instead of ordinary selection which is inaccurate?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Aug 11, 2004
What color’s the type and shadow?
You may be able to use the cyan as green with black on top if there’s no cyan in the type.
J
jurus
Aug 11, 2004
You’re absolutely right, But in this case I use whole cmyk for author. Can’t change it – it’s approved by editor. That’s series. Iused cmyk bacground before. Now they changed their mind and want "something shinning". My friend showed me how to use fifth color to make proper DCS 2 file (6 files separated on desktop – it transfers spot color to Quark). But I forgoted – he’s on vacations. I have some sample from him but can’t get everything
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Aug 11, 2004
In the channel window, add a channel (there’s a little icon that looks like a page with a bent corner, click on it), double click on the alpha channel (black rectangle), check spot color, click on the color rectangle in the Options Window, chose a Pantone name from the custom list and Save As DCS2 (spot should be checked), Multiple File with color preview and Binary encoding.
J
jurus
Aug 11, 2004
Thanks. That’s simple. Do you have some idea what happens on the edges of the characters and when? When The postscript path ends to rule the shape? Does Spot color behaves the same way as other of CMYK (I still mean edges, blending of them). And last, but not least – what about RIP should I expect some problems? (scitex – dolev – L2)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections