error message: Could not complete the Web Photo Gallery command…

DN
Posted By
douglas_nicodemus
Jul 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
As of late on the Mac platform on both home and work computers running Photoshop CS — different copies with different serial numbers on Mac OS 10.2 and 10.3…

When constructing web photo gallery displays the display is often interrupted by the error message: Could not complete the Web Photo Gallery command because the file is already in use or was left open. Well, there were no files in use or left open when I started this command. Since I get the error on independent machines in different places, I would guess that this is a flaw in that operation in Photoshop. Any patches or workarounds? I might try quitting photoshop then opening it again and running the automate > web photo gallery and see if that helps (that idea just occurred to me as I write this) it would have been nice to be able to pick up a telephone and ask someone, or better yet send someone an e-mail and wait for a reply. maybe this will work too, its the best i have found so far. Thanks!!!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Jul 21, 2004
Douglas,

Two possibilities: (1) saving over a network; and (2) non-UNIX caharacters in the name of anything anywhere in the path (files, folders, drives).

If you are opening files over a network or saving them to a network server, cease and desist immediately. That’s a BIG no-no.

See:

Buko "Issues When Working from Networks or Removable Media" 3/23/03 11:02am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

and:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/19dd2.htm?code=TA>

Copy the CLOSED file from your server to your local HD, work on it, save it again to your HD, close it, and copy the closed file back to the server.

As for non-UNIX characters, use only numbers and the letters of the English alphabet.
L
Larryr544
Jul 21, 2004
It’s been working flawlessly for me.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections