Status
Closed
Hi all

We are currently using:

Adobe Photoshop CS3 10.0.1 (Macintosh)
Operating system Mac OS X 10.5.4

And when working in Photoshop we are getting the following error message:

"Could not complete your request because of a program error"

The problem is intermittent and across multiple machines. The only way to resolve the issue is to reboot the machine.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DH
Doreen_Heath
Aug 19, 2008
I am having the same issue when I go to save some things. So far I have had not luck with an answer.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 20, 2008
Doreen,

If you would give us your workflow and system environment, we might be able to suggest help. Thanks.

Neil
RW
Rich_Webster
Aug 20, 2008
Same problem on OS X 10.5.4 on a MacBook (Intel). Photoshop CS3 v.10.01. Whenever I use the "Text" tool. Any help?
RW
Rich_Webster
Aug 20, 2008
I’ve tried several of the solutions mentioned on the web, and have reinstalled and updated a couple times, after uninstalling.

BTW, these installs take way too long.
R
Ram
Aug 20, 2008
Suspect a problem font, corrupted or duplicated.

FontAgent Pro is excellent at ferreting out problem fonts. They have a fully functional 30-day demo.

Rich, you are NOT addressing Adobe here, just fellow users.
DE
David_Eccles
Aug 21, 2008
It has been a real pain. The only way for a very quick resolve is to restart the machine. We have been through the process of re installing the software but it does take to long and the problem still occurs.

We too thought it could be a corrupt file but it has happened on multiple files. A font problem could be the case. To be honest in most cases it has come down to a font problem.

Lets hope the next software release solves the problem.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 21, 2008
Whenever I use the "Text" tool. Any help?

Always suspect a corrupted or duplicate font. As Ramón says.

We have been through the process of re installing the software but it does take to long and the problem still occurs.

But did you first reset the PS preferences? Check for bad fonts?

Neil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections