S
Posted By
SECohen
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have stills captured from DV Cam, I have to "art in" images from AP publicity photo’s (square pixels). Is there a way to conform one to the other.
This is the first time I’ve had to work with different pixel aspect ratios in the same work space.

Thanks,

SC

(Photoshop CS>Mac>OS 10.2. 8)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Jul 25, 2004
SC,

Maybe if you give a few more details someone will chime in. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here. I don’t have a clue when it comes to video, but if you elaborate on those stills you have (as to file format, color depth, pixel dimension dimensions, etc.) someone here will figure it out. How are you putting the images together?

I also admit I don’t know what you mean by "square pixels", so in my ignorance I can only imagine it’s a resampling and resizing issue.
P
progress
Jul 25, 2004
I understand what you mean…you have a non square pixel format and want to use it with a square pixel format.

I think you’ll need to get them in the same format and resize the offending artwork…i dont think you can have 2 different pixel ratios in the same file, because essentially its to do with how the pixel is displayed, not what shape it is in the first place…therefore it would take a trick for PS to know how to display one pixel aside from the other in the same file. Also it would perhaps screw that image up if it was hooked up to a live monitor, because the analogue screen would have no way of discerning the different aspect ratio within the image.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections