NC
Posted By
Nick_Cherry
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to make an arrow, but I’m not sure exactly how I want it to look yet; so I’d greatly appreciate it if someone answered both of these questions. I’m sure they are very simple, but please forgive my ignorance.

1. If I want to make the arrow have all straight lines and sharp edges (no curves at all)? Currently, I create one line…then click add to the line and I have to line it up just right…then click the button again and so on and so forth…Can I just click the pivot points and have it do it by itself?

2. If I want to draw a curve (like with the pen tool), but don’t want it to fill it in….I just want it to be a line that I could then select and change the width of.

Thank you.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
jwood
Jul 25, 2004
Nick,

For a simple arrow, choose the line tool and then custom shape tool, then on the top command line there is a box called shape and in there are arrows there you can choose. Also there are some custom shape options found under the arrow beside the custom shape tool icon.

John
NC
Nick_Cherry
Jul 25, 2004
I’ve already discovered that option, but I can only figure out how to make one line segment at a time. For example, how could I just make four simple clicks and have the lines produces a sqare (yes, I know that there are several other ways I can achieve this easily, but how could it be done easily with lines and not have to worry about lining them up myself?
P
progress
Jul 25, 2004
firstly to stop paths filling in set the tool to the path, not shape or pixel option in the options bar

to make a rectangle i recommend using the shape tool set to rectangle, again set to paths, then you can edit it with the pen/path tool and your corners will be 90 degress and your lines horizontal or verical. Other methods will require guides, as theres no easy way to make path lengths equal and therefore join up straight.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections