KL
Posted By
Kevin_L._McIntosh
Oct 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am not very familiar with PS7 and have found its’ complexity intimidating (in the past I have always gotten by with PS 3.05LE) … I have a reasonably simple task and have tried for at least an hour to accomplish same – so far with no luck.
I have a two-color image (white lettering on pink background) that I want simply to change to black lettering on a pea green color that I have sampled elsewhere and identified as a color properly in PS7.
I have read the HTML Help page on ‘Replace Color’ and I simply don’t get how to implement my desired changes.
Would someone mind dropping me a clue and / or a hint as to how to replace one color uniformly with another?
Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 18, 2005
* Select the white lettering (magic wand?)

* Hit "D" for default colours

* Hit Alt+Delete key to fill with black.

* Ctrl+I to invert the selection

* Sample your "pea green" (it will become the foreground colour)

* Hit Crtl+Delete Key to fill with the green
KL
Kevin_L._McIntosh
Oct 18, 2005
chrisjbirchall … thanks for helping me out … I have found success selecting the white portions of my image with the magic wand and filling with black … some of my lettering is not particularly clean and I am finding that I am having to select little bits and peices of letters and fill each bit individually.
Is there a way to tell PS7 to simply fill all white areas with black? Also, I must be doing something wrong when it comes to the green – am I still selecting within the inverted image with the magic wand before attempting to fill using Ctrl-Del?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections