M
Posted By
mattmancool
Oct 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have installed the photoshop 7 trial on my Windows XP but when I try to load the program, it says that it failed to initialize Vbox.
Can anyone help me?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BL
Bob Levine
Oct 20, 2005
Why are you using a PS 7 trial? That’s two versions out of date and you’d be hard pressed to find a legal copy for sale.

Bob
P
Phosphor
Oct 20, 2005
Hey Bob…

Just to play devil’s advocate for a minute, I still have a box full of disks that came attached to magazines.

I still revisit them once in a while to see if there might be some cool bit of software worth trying that I overlooked or never thought I’d wanna try back then. I’ll betcha I have 15 – 20 disks with earlier trial versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, Freehand, InDesign, Flash, various 3D apps and all kinds of other major apps.

If I didn’t have a wicked fast cable connection, loading one of those versions would be much easier than grabbing 350MB over a glacial dial-up connection.

Just a thought…
BL
Bob Levine
Oct 21, 2005
I see your point, but like I said, you can’t easily buy the software.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 22, 2005
vbox error means there’s a problem with the trial. either someone tried to circumvent the restrictions or it’s expired or corrupted. only way to get a trial working again is to reformat.

suggest you get the trial for cs2 anyway. don’t mess with your system time or date after you install or you’ll disable the trial!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections