CB
Posted By
chobb_barnett
Jul 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We have several Macs (various models of G4) that have developed faults (on the second monitor). When you drag a Photoshop window around on the 2nd monitor it leaves a trail of lines – see screen grab.

<http://www.fatdrunkandstupid.com/chobb/mac_screen_grab.jpg>

We’ve swapped monitors to check it’s not the monitors. I suspect the video cards have a fault, but why does it only do it on Photoshop? We have tried dozens of other programs, but they are fine.

Any clues?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 28, 2004
I would bet all your video cards are ATIs. If so, try upgrading to the latest drivers. I had a similar issue with earlier versions of ATI drivers after one of my upgrades, although it was a while ago and I can’t remember the specifics.
CB
chobb_barnett
Jul 28, 2004
2 out of the 3 are ATI, the other is ‘Village Tronic’ (?)

I’ll go get some new drivers. Cheers.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 28, 2004
Aha! The Village Tronic (which I’d never heard of until now) is a PCI card. That jogged my memory. My first G4 video upgrade was to purchase a Radeon for Mac PCI. The original drivers required two upgrades before all visual artifacting was eliminated on almost all computers. I hope new drivers work!

VillageTronic…

<http://www.ammicro.co.uk/product_pages/villageTronic.htm>
CB
chobb_barnett
Jul 29, 2004
Welles,

Thanks for the help. I thought it must be the video cards, but why it only does it on Photoshop is a mystery.

Cheers, Chobb
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 30, 2004
Photoshop reveals a lot of faults in systems that other apps don’t. Consider Photoshop as a way of "proofing out" your system. For most of us, it is the toughest application we’ll routinely subject our computers to.

Neil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections