W
Posted By
waterrat365
Oct 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There is a big difference between what the monitor shows and what the printer prints on my computer at work. Even though it’s strictly b&w newspaper work and printing on an HP 4V, the printer is consistently too light when the monitor looks right. I have used adobe gamma succesfully many times at my computer at home. However, my monitor at work is unable to calibrate properly w/adobe gamma, even when I got a new computer. I’m running Win XP and PS7, 512M RAM, lots of memory. I even have the Adobe Gamma icon on my desktop, bt when I try to get it to work, nothing happens. My guess, the monitor (Compaq)is the wrong type for this application? Any thoughts before I invest in a new monitor? Thanks in advance. Cliff Moore

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Oct 26, 2005
what are your colour settings.

512M RAM, lots of memory

no this is not lots of memory.
W
waterrat365
Oct 26, 2005
Correction: a Gateway 17" monitor. Other computers w/less memory had no trouble with Adobe Gamma. Cliff Moore
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 27, 2005
If the Adobe Gamma control panel isn’t showing any changes, that indicates a bug in the display card driver software.
BB
brent bertram
Oct 27, 2005
Do you have administrator rights on your work computer ? You may need them to run the Adobe Gamma utility.

😕

Brent
W
waterrat365
Oct 28, 2005
I think at this point its a driver issue. Thanks! Cliff Moore

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections