DO
Posted By
David_O_Neill
Jan 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I click Print in Photoshop Elements I get an error message "Could not load alert resource", and no printing will take place. I am running Win XP on a computer with a Pentium 4 2.4 gHz. My printer is HP 940c. This problem has just started recently, and only with Photoshop Elements. Anyone have any idea what the problem is, or how to correct it? I tried reinstalling Photoshop Elements, but still have the problem.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 11, 2004
If this started recently, try deleting the Elements preference folder first. Your problem doesn’t sound familiar, but corrupt preferences have been know to cause many different weird things to happen.

With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a quick grab for the Control, Alt, and Shift keys. (Some people find they have to have their fingers on the keys first, and then click to start.) Hold all three keys down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. A new preference folder will rebuild as Elements continues to launch.

This folder is not removed from your computer when you do an uninstall, so if it’s bad, it stayed on the hard drive causing trouble even after a reinstall.

Frankly I don’t hold out a whole lot of hope for this, but we might get lucky. Please repost and let us know if it cleared the problem.

Another thought – did you install any other device shortly before this printing problem surfaced? Some people have reported problems with Elements after attaching Wacom tablets, for example.
DO
David_O_Neill
Jan 12, 2004
I was unable to delete the preference folder with the 3 finger approach you described. However, I did find it and delete it with My Computer, but I still have the same printing error message.

I have had Elements for some time and I don’t think it is version 2. Should I be able to run an earlier version with Win XP?
BB
brent_bertram
Jan 12, 2004
Interesting question, David. I’m not an XP guru , but you might try Win98 compatibility mode, if you can figure out how to apply it . ( I’m still a Windows 2000 guy <G>) .

🙂

Brent
KK
kris_Killman
Jan 15, 2004
My name is Kris and I’m having the same problem. How would I know my elements folder is closed?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections