Posted By
Eric_ARRIGO
Jan 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am new to PSE2 but I used to edit photo for years with "old" Corel PhotoPaint 5.

One thing I used to do and that I cannot perform with PSE2 is a smooth merging of layers.

In PP5, each layer has a parameter that allows having a "sharp" or "smooth" merging.

A little smoothing allows more realistic integration of objects in a scene.

This is a "so basic" feature that I think it must be there, and I just cannot found it :o(

Can someone help me to found it (of to have similar effect with other features).

Thanks for your help,
Eric

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jan 11, 2004
Eric,
I feather the selections, if appropriate, on each layer prior to merging. With the selection tools one can set a value for the desired amount. Also,under Select>feather one can stipulate the feather radius. In addition, you can control the opacity and mode (e.g. soft light, hard light, overlay…) of each layer. Hope that this helps.
Ken
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 11, 2004
Yes, we tend to work with blend modes and opacities to achieve these effects…and softening edges with feathers and erasers etc.. first but I’d be interested to see how Corel does this. Sounds interesting.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections