SG
Posted By
Scottie_G.
Aug 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Someone said to me that with CS, for first time, Adobe only allows two installations, and after that you would have to re-buy CS. is that true? what is the policy?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SN
Susan_Ng_Williams
Aug 4, 2004
I hope this is not true. I am in the process of purchasing a back-up laptop because my current one has to go in for screen repair. I thought as long as the owner use the program only at one time and both computers can not launch Photoshop at the same time….which wouldnot be a problem for me.
B
Buko
Aug 4, 2004
You can install your Adobe product on your main computer and your laptop or at work and at home. With the understanding that if you are at home or on the road with your laptop you are not using it at work. As far as I know this has always been Adobe’s policy.
R
Ram
Aug 4, 2004
You can install and reinstall Photoshop 8 (CS) a million times if you want, as long as you do it on only two computers of yours, as explained in previous posts.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 4, 2004
If you have legitimately purchased and registered the product, installed it according to the license agreement, and if you then have a problem installing or reinstalling, you will NOT have to repurchase it.

Neil
SG
Scottie_G.
Aug 4, 2004
Ramon, did search, didn’t find that. And remember, not everyone is on the forum everyday like you. I only pop on every now and then. but thanks.

Anyway, this rep for expensive 3rd party driver said that with CS, adobe has really made the re-install more stringant that with PS 7.

But what drag though if you put it on your desktop, laptop, and then bought a new one those — that would be 3rd computer.
G
graffiti
Aug 4, 2004
adobe has really made the re-install more stringant that with PS 7.

It is on the PC side. Activation.
R
Ram
Aug 4, 2004
I meant previous posts in THIS thread, Scottie. No need to search. 🙂
R
Ram
Aug 4, 2004
Anyway, this rep for expensive 3rd party driver said that with CS, adobe has really made the re-install more stringant that with PS 7.

Only for Windows users, not for Macs. Same with Microsoft’s Office 2004: no "software activation" required for Mac users.
G
graffiti
Aug 4, 2004
Same with Microsoft’s Office 2004: no "software activation" required for Mac users.

But when it comes to Macromedia products…
R
Ram
Aug 4, 2004
…But when it comes to Macromedia products…

…. they’re dead. 🙁 The only one of their products I ever used is Fontographer, but they let it die some eight years ago, even though they still offer it for sale. As far as I’m concerned, Macromedia doesn’t exist.
G
graffiti
Aug 4, 2004
As far as I’m concerned, Macromedia doesn’t exist.

Same here. Unfortunately, we have a vendor that hasn’t seen the light.
SG
Scottie_G.
Aug 4, 2004
Thanks, another one of the blessings of being on Mac.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections