Posted By
Jacob_Brostrup
Aug 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 4, 2004
This message was saved as a PDF too?

Regarding your Photoshop PDF did you remeber to embed the fonts when you saved the file?
JB
Jacob_Brostrup
Aug 4, 2004
When i save as pdf and embed the font, the font gets invisible. If i open the pdf in preview I can mark the text and copy it to another dokument. So, what’s happening is that the text is white on the white bagground. How do i get it to work?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 4, 2004
Providing that your text was originally colored, make sure that the Layer mode of the text Layer was Normal and not something like Screened.
JB
Jacob_Brostrup
Aug 4, 2004
It’s on normal.

Jacob.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 4, 2004
Normal and 100% Fill & Opacity?

The only other thing that I can think of is that the font comes from one of those foundries (like P22) that forbid embedding.

Try trashing Photoshop’s prefs in case that helps.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 4, 2004
Jacob,

Do you get any message or error? What happens if you use another font, particularly one from another foundry? Does TrueType, OpenType or Type 1 make any difference? What happens if you change background and/or type color?

Neil
JB
Jacob_Brostrup
Aug 4, 2004
Yes, Normal and 100% Fill & Opacity. And it didn’t help deleting the prefs. hanks for trying.

Jacob.
JB
Jacob_Brostrup
Aug 4, 2004
Hi Neil

I get no errors, Tryed different fonts. Scaled and normal. Just tried to change the background color, and guess what- The text changes to the same color :-S

Jacob
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 4, 2004
Try selecting the Type and changing its color by using the color swatch in the Options Bar (rather than the foreground color in the Tools palette).
JB
Jacob_Brostrup
Aug 4, 2004
Still the same. I can import the pdf to Photoshop again and it appears at it was created.

Jacob.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 4, 2004
Try making a completely new file; add new text and see if the problem still occurs.

You are not saving across a network are you?

And in what App. are you viewing your PDF when the text disappears?
JB
Jacob_Brostrup
Aug 5, 2004
I checked it in Preview and in acrobat. I did try with different files, with same result. And im not saving over a network.

Maybe i should reinstall Photoshop.

Jacob.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 5, 2004
<< Maybe i should reinstall Photoshop. >>

You could try that but I think that this is a problem with your fonts rather than with Photoshop.

Several things to try:

Do a search for "adobefnt." and trash all that you find EXCEPT for "AdobeFnt.db"

Replace the Helvetica and Times .dfonts in System/Library/Fonts with PostScript versions of the same typeface.

If you haven’t already got it, get FontAgent Pro and manage all of your fonts through it.
JB
Jacob_Brostrup
Aug 6, 2004
Ok. Haven’t tried it yet. But i can make Pdf’s in textedit without prob’s. I guess ur idea has something to do with fonts in adobe app’s so is it still a good?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 6, 2004
I wouldn’t be surprised if the problem is caused by conflicting or damaged fonts and a proper font management program like FAP might help you a lot.
H
Hexebah
Aug 8, 2004
You are trying to view vector data in Preview. Not sure if this app can display this Jacob.

Chip

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections