P
Posted By
pixelated
Nov 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS and recently when I try to access my images, the wrong thumbnail appears. This only happens when they have the jpg extension, once I save them as PSD they are fine thereafter. I will open a folder in file browser, or just under files, and all of the thumbnails will be of things I shot months ago. When I click on each one, the correct file opens, but I cannot understand why the old thumbnails keep appearing on things I recently shot. They are okay in the Windows media slide show, this only happens in Photoshop. I have 1,000 MB of ram. and 100 GB hard drive. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thanks in advance,
Pixelated

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
pixelated
Nov 6, 2005
I am using Photoshop CS and recently when I try to access my images, the wrong thumbnail appears. This only happens when they have the jpg extension, once I save them as PSD they are fine thereafter. I will open a folder in file browser, or just under files, and all of the thumbnails will be of things I shot months ago. When I click on each one, the correct file opens, but I cannot understand why the old thumbnails keep appearing on things I recently shot. They are okay in the Windows media slide show, this only happens in Photoshop. I have 1,000 MB of ram. and 100 GB hard drive. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thanks in advance,
Pixelated
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Nov 7, 2005
Try purging and rebuilding the file browser cache for the folder(s) in question.
P
pixelated
Nov 7, 2005
How??? Can you give me instructions? I have tried trashing the preferences when I start the program, to no avail.
Thanks!
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Nov 7, 2005
From the file browser, click on File > Purge Cache (to purge only for a given folder) or File > Purge Entire Cache (to purge the entire cache). The cache will be rebuilt for each folder when you open it in file browser, but it takes a while. Better yet, one evening go to the top of your image file hierarchy (e.g., My Documents\My Pictures) and click on File > Build Cache for Subfolders and let the computer chug away overnight creating a new cache for all folders at or below the current level.
P
pixelated
Nov 7, 2005
Thanks Michael, IT WORKED!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections