MD
Posted By
Mark_Durgee
Aug 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to scale effects globally? For example If I scale up some art by 150% I have to go into each layer individually that has an effect and scale it. I would like for all the effects to be transformed along with the layers at the same time.

Thanks,
Mark Durgee

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 11, 2004
If you Link your Layers, all can be transformed (scaled) equally at the same time.
CB
charles_badland
Aug 11, 2004
Ann-
Even the effects? I thought they stayed at their pixel based parameters. (i.e. a Drop Shadow distance of 10 px would stay the same regardless of scaling.)
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 11, 2004
You are right, although the layers AND the effects all appear to transform together, the set pixels in the effects remain as set. You have to adjust those manually.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Aug 11, 2004
Since Photoshop is a pixel based app., you can’t scale on an object by object basis in one transform. you can scale the layer data as one unit.

Um, until Marc codes my feature request..
8thNote
Aug 11, 2004
PSCS has the feature in Image Size that allows you to scale layer styles. But for some reason, this isn’t always selectable.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Aug 11, 2004
That’s because the feature is not finished.
8thNote
Aug 11, 2004
Maybe it’s not finished under Mac. Because I’m still on PS7 for my Mac but PSCS for my Windows computer and it’s always had the Scale option.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 11, 2004
I have never seen the Scale Styles option become "available" on CS on OSX: it always seems to be greyed-out and it doesn’t seem to have been included in Photoshop 7 for the Mac.
CB
charles_badland
Aug 11, 2004
Just checked: You can select Scales Styles if you have Resample checked. Layer effects will be scaled if you if you resample (scale) in the Image Size dialog. (good!)
However layer effects are not scaled if you scale a layer(s) via Edit>Transform.
MD
Mark_Durgee
Aug 27, 2004
Thanks for your replies.

I’m still in Photoshop 7. It’s a pain to have to scale the layer effects individually. But at least I know now that while doing it I’m not missing out on a faster way.

Mark Durgee

wrote in message
Just checked: You can select Scales Styles if you have Resample checked.
Layer effects will be scaled if you if you resample (scale) in the Image Size dialog. (good!)
However layer effects are not scaled if you scale a layer(s) via
Edit>Transform.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections