PA
Posted By
Patti_Anderson
Jan 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m playing with creating Web Galleries this week and I think I found a bug. 🙂 When choosing the Security options for the web images, it will not generate the superimposed text on the image as it says it should. See page 222 of the manual, #12. Or see Aaland’s book, page 233, #7. I have tried Custom text and choosing File Info content, but no go. Yes, i have entered the File Info on EACH image.

I also observe that when you watch the Layers palette as PSE does its generating thingy, you can see the Type layer come up with the text, but then it disappears. I also opened the generated images and there is no text.

Did I find a bug, or has anyone else discovered this? And…is there a solution?

Patti

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JD
Juergen_D
Jan 18, 2004
Patti,

Some time ago there was a similar situation which never quite got resolved. The discussion is in this thread:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@137.s5l3bB5SVDj.1 1@.2ccd6ad3/0. I’ve tried to duplicate your problem, with no success. Maybe resetting the prefs helps?!

Juergen
PA
Patti_Anderson
Jan 18, 2004
Thanks, Juergen, for the link to that past thread. I did do a search, but I didn’t find that one.

I hate having to reset the preferences! Seems like we have to do it WAY too much. Anyway, it fixed the problem — but only the first time I tried recreating my gallery. Then I made a few changes and it didn’t superimpose the text again. Aaarggh!

I played with it a little more and tried letting it resize the images (option under Large images) , thinking that that might give it an extra step and cure the problem. It worked! It’s kind of like you have to shake it loose so it can reconfigure. LOL

Patti

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections