JS
Posted By
John_Svatek
Aug 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I hope this hasn’t been answered before, but searching with the word Preview just brought up too many hits. My question is this–is there any way I can globally have Photoshop and not Apple’s Preview open all my image files. The problem comes with images from outside people (printers, clients, the web). OSX wants to open them with Preview. I then do the Get Info command and change the "Open with" to Photoshop and click "Change All." (It then asks if I want to change all my Photoshop 7 docs with Photoshop 7 [!?!]). This does nothing to change subsequent images, however. I know I can always just drag the image on the ‘Shop icon, but sometimes you just want to double-click (and avoid having Preview load, open up a 24MB image, quite, CMD-I, change, etc.).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Aug 12, 2004
Change the prefered app. in the Get Info dialog.

Its an OSX level change.

Yes this has been asked many times.
G
graffiti
Aug 12, 2004
Looks like he’s tried that Buko.

Are you opening from a CD or copying to your hard drive first?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 12, 2004
When you do the "Get Info" trick, make sure that you choose one of the files that you know is prone to open in "Preview". Then do the "Change All".

The problematic files may be coming to you in different formats (Tiff, JPEG, EPS, PDF etc) and you will probably have to go through the Get Info routine for each kind of file.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections