W
Posted By
wendingo
Sep 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
am just getting started in this, so excuse me if this sounds dumb. i have made my design for a web page, and it appears to be fine, but when i click on the "preview in default browser" button it pops up and the image is only 2/3 of the screen. how do i get it to fit correctly? should i just crop the blank space, cause it doesn’t have to be a full sized screen? any info would be helpful. thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Sep 23, 2003
Wendingo,

When you preview in a browser the size is determined solely by the number of pixels in the image – one image pixel for one monitor pixel.

So if the image is 600 pixels wide, and you are viewing on a monitor set to 1024 x 768, then the image will be just over half the width of your screens viewable area (600/1024 = 0.58). However on a 800 x 600 screen it will be 3/4 the width of the screen viewing area.
PH
Photo Help
Sep 23, 2003
wendingo,

Yes, Crop the image to the size you want.

You can also make a slice to export a portion of the image, but it is a little more involved than a crop.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections