PP
Posted By
Phil_Pugh
Jan 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I received a copy of Photoshop Elements with my Nikon E4300 – not sure of the Version but camera was purchased about one year ago. I like it a lot. I originally installed it on a Win ME system – no problems at all. I moved it to my Win2K SP3 system and I have one very annoying problem. Every time I open the Colour Cast tool it only partly loads. I can apply colour cast corrections but I cannot save them as it doesn’t allow me to select any menu items – they are all greyed out. I have to kill the program using Task manager which looses my edits of course. I seem to recall that under Win ME another window popped into existance – it’s doesn’t on Win 2K.

I have tried re-installing several times – but always the same result. It’s very frustrating as I do quite a bit of indoor flash photography and it’s a wonderful tool for removing the inevitable cast from coloured surfaces in the room.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Phil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BB
brent_bertram
Jan 19, 2004
The first thing to do is kind of a universal panacea, delete the Preferences file on startup of Elements and then it will reconstruct itself. It is not uncommon for the Prefs file to become corrupted.
Here’s a link . Reset Photoshop Prefs ! <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.ef4a07f>

If you haven’t already downloaded and installed the IgnoreEXIF utility, you might also do that. That may be where your color cast is coming from .

🙂

Brent
PP
Phil_Pugh
Jan 20, 2004
Many thanks – that did the trick!

Weird effect to cause such a problem by a corrupt preferences file.

Phil
BB
brent_bertram
Jan 20, 2004
There’s no end to weird when the Prefs file goes squirelly ! <G>

🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 20, 2004
speaking of prefs….Elements and I usually have an understanding…after many hours the tools start doing weird things…basically just not co-operating. Generally all i have to do is close Elements and re-open it again and all is fine….yes i trick the little bastard but ssshhhhh, don’t tell him. I am terrible about deleting prefs….i hate having to reset all my settings if I use this options….and I lose my most ‘recent’ files from the menu ( which means i really have to pay attention to where they are if I plan to delete prefs 😉 ) and have to reset everything else back the way i want it. So anyways, perhaps it’s just a PE1 things but sometimes just closing and re-opening the program takes care of problems. Try it, you might like it 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections