RS
Posted By
Richard_Shelton
Jan 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just installed Elements 2.0. I want to fix a scanned photo with dust and scratches. I can not open filters from the top menu.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 19, 2004
Did you have any antivirus software running when you did your install? If so, that can corrupt the installation, and many weird things can happen to the functions of Elements. If you did, you need to do a complete uninstall, including a separate Find for straggling files/folders – particularly the Preference folder, disable the antivirus software, and then reinstall Elements.

Ah, you do have the image open on your desktop, don’t you? Sorry if that sounds very obvious and somewhat insulting, but some people don’t realize they can’t just poke around in the program and see how everything works without having an image open!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 19, 2004
hmmmm, also…other than Beth’s fine suggestion… wondering if you are trying with a bitmap image ? Filters don’t work on those and I know some scanners still give you that choice to save as bitmap. If so go to toolbar>image>mode>be sure to check that it is in RGB mode.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 19, 2004
forget my last post about bitmaps…seems filters do work( I just tried it to be sure of my post)….sorry…could have sworn i tried working on bitmaps in the past ( way past )and couldn’t…weird.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections