Elements Fill Flash/Backlight command equivilants in PS7?

DD
Posted By
David_Dietrick
Jan 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Are there slider equivilants of the Enhance: Fill Flash/Backlight commands of Elements in Photoshop 7? I know Photoshop CS now has a "Shadow lightening" adjustment.

Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BB
brent_bertram
Jan 19, 2004
Dave,
Certainly not automated, anyway. Take a look at Filter > Render > Lighting Effects , and see if that can work for you.

🙂

Brent
RC
Richard_Coencas
Jan 19, 2004
Curves
DD
David_Dietrick
Jan 19, 2004
Brent and Richard, FYI:

Thanks for the suggestion. What did work in PS7 ( almost like the Fill flash command slider in Elements) is the gray or midtone (middle) adjustment slider under the "Levels" histogram. I didn’t realize it before, but it will even permit limiting the effect to a preselected area just like the options of the Fill Flash command in Elements. Now I’m curious as to just what parameters are manipulated with the Highlights/Shadow correction feature in PS CS.

Again thanks for responding,

Dave
RC
Richard_Coencas
Jan 19, 2004
Hightlights/Shadow is a new plug-in that uses a different algorithm. If you click the advanced option it is very powerful.

Rich

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections