MM
Posted By
Medessa_Montgomery
Jun 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All of a sudden, when I use the fill flash feature to lighten faces with shadows, it is darkening images. It has been working perfectly before this glitch. I uninstalled and re-installed, but it still does exactly the same thing. Also, I still cannot access help online – even though I’m already online (both before and after the uninstall). I can’t figure out what the problem could be – I have obviously unintentionally modified something that it screwing up the fill flash, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out what.

Thanks for any ideas.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 19, 2004
Medessa,

I have tried all sorts of things but can’t get Elements to create the problem you have and also I haven’t heard of this problem before.

So lets start from the begining … check that:

Your image is just one layer
The mode is RGB
The layer blending option is normal

When you do Fill Flash a little box comes up on the screen … what happens when you adjust the sliders?

If all of those are OK then I guess you could try by deleting the prefs …. its usually a good place to start. 🙂

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Let us know how you go on.

Wendy
MM
Medessa_Montgomery
Jun 19, 2004
Thanks, Wendy!!!!

When I deleted the preferences, it worked fine. Thanks so much!!!!!!

Medessa
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 19, 2004
Medessa,

Glad it worked …..

Wendy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections