TT
Posted By
Todd_Tutton
Jan 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is Photoshop doing while starting up?

My hard drive isn’t doing anything, and the CPU is near 0% usage during this time. It takes anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute for Photoshop to start up, and I’ve got a 3.2 MHz box that is fast at everything else it does.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobHill
Jan 20, 2004
Todd,

It’s loading all your filters and fonts. Check the splash screen when launching and you’ll see each item being loaded and can time each one (the slower ones anyway) to see what is hanging you up. I’d guess you have a lot of fonts installed and active. If that’s the case, it’s recommended that you have no more than 150 (or so) fonts installed at any one time. If you are a fontaholic, then you need to get a font manager which will allow you to fonts into customized sets which can be activated or deactivated with a click. I have well over 2000 fonts installed, but only have a little over 100 active at any one time. Adobe Font Manager Deluxe (for both PC and MAC… <http://www.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml;jsessionid=I0R2FGABJX0OZQFI0IKB2R4AVDJBKIV2?id=catATM>

Bob
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 20, 2004
Todd,

If you happen to be talking about PS CS and have AutoFX plugin suite installed, there is a thread on the PS forum about slow loading.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections