LR
Posted By
Linda_R._Smith
Aug 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Selected "Image > Reveal All" to see entire working space in my Layered PSD file which is great! Now I want to view it in its previous defult view.

Shouldn’t there be a "Hide All" next to it, or a check mark to uncheck the command? I accidentally did something once to get it back in one of my documents but can’t figure out what it was. I Have to select my layout with the selection marquee and "print selected area" or it will print the entire working space.

NOTE Please don’t confuse this with the "View>Screen Mode" or the "Layer>Add Layer Mask>Hide/Reveal All"

Can’t seam to find this information in the apple menu, help pages, or online. I would’ve tried to search the forums FAQ or other list to see if this simple problem has already been addressed but this kind of search does not exist, errr that I could find. I don’t know why Adobe doesn’t explain

Thanks in advanced, Linda

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DK
Doug_Katz
Aug 16, 2004
How about the History palette?
ZS
Zina_Saunders
Aug 16, 2004
Does closing the file and then reopening it solve it?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 16, 2004
I think the problem with Reveal All is that what you are doing is changing the canvas size to fit the whole image. So unless you have recorded (on paper) the original canvas size and orientation of the image, there is nothing you can do
DK
Doug_Katz
Aug 16, 2004
Huh? I can undo a Reveal All in the History palette (or command-z or command-option-z). And yes, closing without saving will restore the crop, Zina. What am I missing?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 16, 2004
Sure you can undo it but I am assuming the OP wants to do some work in the larger canvas size then go back to the original dimensions. If all she wants is to look then History is the way to go.
DK
Doug_Katz
Aug 16, 2004
Ahh, if that’s the OP’s intent, then your answer (Post #3) is precisely right.
LR
Linda_R._Smith
Aug 18, 2004
Yes Ed and Doug, I acually worked while "Reveal All" was selected. This makes it so much easier to worked with placed items that are larger than the workspace. Going back to the History Pallet or closing the document with out saving it would erase all my hard work. ;-(

I tried to use it with "Window>Arange>New window. Doesn’t work. I didn’t even realize the the canvas actually increased it’s size, I thought "Reveal All" was equiviant to viewing the pasteboard in Illustrator or a page layout program.

I hope Adobe can adjust this usefull working view so one is able to return to it’s original view and back when necessary.

This confirmation that I have not lost it has been so helpful, Thanks to all above for your input and look forward if you find out anything further on this subject, Linda

As a 15 year Photoshop user, I’m sometimes disappointed at the lack of explanation in the help topics both on and off line when Adobe introduces a new item, like "Reveal All." Even if you type in the exact name used in the program, the search engines can come up with "sorry no results"
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 18, 2004
The only way that I can see << to do some work in the larger canvas size then go back to the original dimensions >>, is to pull guides to your original canvas edges before using "Reveal All". Then Crop (using Cropped Area=Hide) to the Guides when you have finished.

Checking "Show Bounding Box" also gives you a clear indication of the limits of an image which extends beyond the Canvas.
ZS
Zina_Saunders
Aug 18, 2004
I’m not sure what placed items you’re working with, but when I place paths from Illustrator (for intance) into Photoshop that are larger than the Photoshop canvas size, using full screen mode shows me the entire path that extends beyond the Photoshop canvas. I can switch back and forth between standard screen mode and full screen mode as I find useful.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections