Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PhotoshopCS1

This is what I want to to… I’ve got a big circle and want smaller circles
along the inner edge with the same spacing inbetween each of them. I am

doing it insections and hopefully if it works right I could simply duplicate
1/4 of it 3 times to complete all the way around.

So, I am working on the top right section now.. I’ve got the top circle and
the one on the right.. and was wanting 14 equally spaced circles inbetween
those two going along the inner edge of the larger circle. http://drewclayton.com/circles.gif

as you can see, I used the guides and made each one 14 pixels apart (since
total top to bottom height is 211pxs). But, the nature of the shape of the
big circle is preventing me from getting equal spacing. Hard to explain, but
you can see it here: http://drewclayton.com/circles.gif

I tried eye balling it instead but that just drove me nuts. I’d like to get
it exact if possible. This will eventually be the base of a clock.. Some of
the circles will be low oppoacity outlines and some will be solid for the
mins and hours of the clock. Can Photoshop do this? Or will I have to use
Illustrator or some other program? Would making a brush with a 14pixel spaceing work?.. and then simply follow the outline of the edge? I thought
such a seemingly simple thing wouldn’t take so long.

-TIA
this is driving me nuts

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Feb 7, 2006
Manto

Your problem is that PS is primarily a bitmap raster type program with limited vector drawing capabilities.
This would be a walk in the park for something CorelDraw (Ctrl+D to dup the circle and Ctrl+R to replicate it after applying an offset with a moved rotation point) or Illustrator. You can display the rotation point of your circle by hitting Ctrl+T (free transform) which can then be dragged out to where you want, but copying it restores the point to the centre of the circle again. (Not a lot of use)

MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Feb 7, 2006
Manto,

I’ve just tried to recreate what you are tring to do by drawing the outer circle and then adding a smaller, inside circle.
I then copied this layer and Ctrl+T to free transform it, then rotated into position. This is then copied again etc., until the large circle is filled. It still relies on "rack of eye" alignment though.

MH
W
Wheeler
Feb 7, 2006
"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message
Manto,

I’ve just tried to recreate what you are tring to do by drawing the outer circle and then adding a smaller, inside circle.
I then copied this layer and Ctrl+T to free transform it, then rotated into position. This is then copied again etc., until the large circle is filled.
It still relies on "rack of eye" alignment though.
MH
position the rotation marker at the center (105.5,105.5 for a 211px square image) and rotate in increments of 6 degrees
MH
Mike Hyndman
Feb 7, 2006
position the rotation marker at the center (105.5,105.5 for a 211px square
image) and rotate in increments of 6 degrees

W,

D’oh! 😉

MH

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections