HW
Posted By
h_wright
Aug 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Imac; g4,os,10,3,5.Improved loading time (10 min.+) by rparing permissions.Cs now loads in 120+ seconds,but spends 90 seconds scanning for presets. I have not saved anything infact barely used Cs at all. Anyone know whats up or is this normal loading time?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 24, 2004
Remove the unused files from your presets folder.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 24, 2004
You might also try removing some, or all, of the contents of your User/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder.

[Just be sure to Save your particular Styles, Actions, Brushes as named Presets before you do.]
CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 24, 2004
The preferences folder shouldn’t take that long, and it should say "reading brushes" or similar while actually reading files from preferences.
HW
h_wright
Aug 25, 2004
When I open program it scans for plugins for a second and then moves on to scan for presets and then eventually moves on tools ,twain, brushes etc and quickly opens . The other thing when I go to the welcome screen in help and try to open ie the tutorial the file cannot be found. So I’m wondering if somehow the original installation failed. When I go to cs settings, cs prefs.psp and try to open , the screen scanning for presets appears and eventually after scanning for a few minutes for presets PS opens accompanied by a screen saying cannot complete request not right document.

Adobe tech support as I said before seemed to think this is OK. Maybe I should just get to work. But it does seem strange. Could having PH7 (not running) have anything to do with it.
HW
h_wright
Aug 25, 2004
Ok, I found the tutorials and can open them from the welcome screen in Imageready. Is that normal – why not from PHCS? I trashed PH 7 perhaps that will help with speed.
HW
h_wright
Aug 27, 2004
Reinstalled ;alls ok.
B
Buko
Aug 27, 2004
I have versions 3 to 8 on my computer. The earlier versions do not conflict with 8. you might want to keep PS7 around as PS8 (CS) does not let you work on scans of new money.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections