A
Posted By
ASGrant
Aug 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My company has several thousand photos saved as DCS 1 files. We want to batch process the photos to re-save each one as a single Photoshop EPS but I can’t figure out how to tell Photoshop to open ONLY the DCS preview file. The Photoshop Open/Save dialog sees all 5 files so the action opens each of the files in succession.

We could double-click the preview for each of these files but that’s way too time-consuming and defeats the purpose of the action.

Is there a way to tell Photoshop to IGNORE the individual C, M, Y & K files so that it won’t open these files and then re-save them?

Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
c_watts
Aug 25, 2004
You will probably need to use scripting. You can use Applescript, Javascript, or Visual Basic to do this. You can find the resources to get started in /Volumes/disk/Applications//Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS/Scripting\ Guide

The examples provided are reasonably good, or you can get this book, which is also pretty good: < http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0596005571/002 -6748557-2826438?v=glance>

There is a scripting forum on the Adobe site too.

Javascript is daunting at first, but I figured it out in a couple of days…

chris
CW
c_watts
Aug 27, 2004
Sorry, I did not notice the title of your post… PS6 does not have scripting, I think. Upgrade, or be squashed like a grape beneath the wheel of progress!

chris

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections