RZ
Posted By
robert_zidle
Jan 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Warning! An apparent bug in DI7 prevents some .PSD and .PDF files from being restored correctly from a DI7 backup. This affects only individual file restores, rendering this option useless. Full restores (of the entire drive image) work properly.

I communicated with the PowerQuest DI7 product manager up until about 6 weeks ago, when she began ignoring my request for information regarding this bug. So, I will assume that the bug is real and PowerQuest has been unable to fix it. This effectively renders DI7 to be no different than DI5.

I am not sure why some .PDF and .PSD files failed to restore correctly. File size doesn’t seem to be a factor, though more large files than small ones have failed. Not every .PDF or .PSD file fails to restore.

My advice – Don’t spend money to upgrade from DI5 to DI7 until PowerQuest announces an update that fixes this bug.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections