BG
Posted By
Bruno_Gargaglione
Jul 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working with 81 layers, and in each layer I save the selection i made as "seln" (where n is the number of the layer i am working on).

Then, in the next image i load my previous selection and adjust it saving to a new selection.

The problem is that when i try to save the sel51, the "save selection" shows 3 combo boxes: "Document" – "Channel" – "Name". Unfortunately, i have no idea why the "Document" combo box doesn’t show the name of the psd file i am working anymore, it shows a New Document. So it mess up with all my selections. After i save, all my selections are not available anymore.

Any ideas what is happening?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JR
John_R_Nielsen
Jul 18, 2006
Photoshop stores selections as channels, and each Photoshop document can have a maximum of 56 channels.

I would make a seperate document called something like "ExtraSelections.psp", and keep it together with your image, in a folder so you can be sure to keep them together.
BG
Bruno_Gargaglione
Jul 18, 2006
If i create an extra PSP file to save the extra selections, how can i load an extra selection in the first document?

Other thing:

How can I delete a selection?
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Jul 18, 2006

1) By specifying which document to load the selection from

2) By deleting the corresponding channel
BG
Bruno_Gargaglione
Jul 18, 2006

1) But in that way the selection loaded is applied only in the document that contains the extra selections. I want to load that extra selection in the first document.
BG
Bruno_Gargaglione
Jul 18, 2006

1) Sorry, I read again and understood what you mean.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections