Posted By
monkeymagic5125
Aug 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

i’ve got about 1000 images that i need to change the resolution of and i’ve created a droplet to reduce the size and when i was creating it i even save the image and closed it.

Now the problem is that when i try to do a batch process of all 1000 images using this droplet it prompts me to save the jpg, asking me what quality etc.. why is it still doing that? I was expecting it to just run through and process all images and just to save it.

how do i get rid of this save pop up prompt? which stops the automation.

thanks for any comments.
MM

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

D
drkness
Aug 14, 2006
try acdsee… 🙂 much easier

wrote:
Hi there,

i’ve got about 1000 images that i need to change the resolution of and i’ve created a droplet to reduce the size and when i was creating it i even save the image and closed it.

Now the problem is that when i try to do a batch process of all 1000 images using this droplet it prompts me to save the jpg, asking me what quality etc.. why is it still doing that? I was expecting it to just run through and process all images and just to save it.

thanks for any comments.
MM
MH
Mike Hyndman
Aug 14, 2006
wrote in message
Hi there,

thanks for any comments.
MM

Did you set it to "override action open commands"?

MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Aug 14, 2006
wrote in message
Hi there,

thanks for any comments.
MM

try this

Record a File > Save as… (.jpg) command as follows: Open any test image
RECORD (to modify your existing action)
File > Save as… (.jpg)
specify any folder
Do not change the file name
Specify whatever .jpg compression setting you like

Follow this by recording File > Close

STOP recording

In the Batch dialog…
Play [set], [action]

Source: Folder Choose (\whatever)
…..x Include all subfolders
…..x Suppress color profile warnings

Destination: Save and close
…..x Override action ‘save as’ commands ##

MH

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections