K
Posted By
kelly
Aug 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS2 on my Windows 2000 PC and I want to get running the same on a Windows XP box. I need ALL the same settings, fonts, plugins, etc…
I have the plugins and actions transfered which seems to work. I was getting a message when opening an image created on the Win2k PC saying the fonts were missing but I seemed to have fixed that too (I hope). I copied the fonts from WINNT\fonts to Windows\fonts but some wouldn’t copy, I was getting errors saying the fonts were corrupted so they were skipped. I also matched the fonts in "Program files\common files\fonts". Also when I open most images I’m getting a message saying the image is in CYMK mode and the colors are not editable, it gives me 3 choices on what I want to do. I’m sorry I don’t have the XP PC here so I don’t know the messege word for word but the options were something like compatability mode, make editable (I think), and I don’t remember the third! I’m hoping someone experienced enough with the software would know what I’m talking about!

My questions are:
– Are there incompatabilities with fonts from Windows 2000 to XP? If so, what would be the best way to find out what I need and to replace them? – Should I select compatability mode for the CYMK messege?? – Where else are the preferance files I would need to make things work seemlessly?

Thanks, and I hope that someone who’s been through this nightmare before can offer advice!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
bmoag
Aug 21, 2006
If you can network the two computers you may have to install some fonts via control panel as simply copying them will not work. You can use a CD as an intermediary if networking is not possible.
You may need to install Adobe type manager and its fonts. Again after installing the program you should install the fonts, not simply copy them.

You need to manually recreate your preferences when you open PS but this is rudimentary. That should allow you to open your files, if they were created normally, on your other copy of CS2.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections