C
Posted By
Cruising
Aug 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed CS2 over Elements 4.0. When I ran CS2 – everything looks great (much faster than Photoshop Elements)…. however, when I select help, the Help Center opens and the only product listed is Elements.

No help for Photoshop CS2 or for Bridge or for ImageReady.

I assume this is a common issue. Any suggestions how to get help back?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BL
Bob Levine
Aug 24, 2006
I installed CS2 over Elements 4.0.

Does that mean you actually installed it into the same folder as Elements?

Bob
C
Cruising
Aug 24, 2006
No.
I had elements on my machine and installed CS2 into it’s own folders (defaults)….
I even uninstalled elements after….

<Bob Levine> wrote in message
I installed CS2 over Elements 4.0.

Does that mean you actually installed it into the same folder as Elements?
Bob
C
Cruising
Aug 25, 2006
Here was the problem (and the fix).

Photoshop Elements 4 (and I assume a other Adobe programs) installs Help Center v2.0.

CS2 comes with Help Center 1.0. It will "not install". I tried to force the install manually (from the msi install file) and I finally "saw" the error – that it won’t install since a newer version already exists.

The only way I found to uninstall 2.0 help center was to get my elements CD, find the MSI file and right-click – uninstall it. Even uninstalling Elemnets won’t get rid of it. I had to manually do it (right click the 2.0 msi file and select uninstall).

Once I did this – sober yet!!! – I was able to reinstall CS2 and the files all installed.

Now I am gonna play with my new toy!

p.s. I tried the FAQ solution and it didn’t help.
wrote in message
I installed CS2 over Elements 4.0. When I ran CS2 – everything looks great (much faster than Photoshop Elements)…. however, when I select help, the Help Center opens and the only product listed is Elements.
No help for Photoshop CS2 or for Bridge or for ImageReady.
I assume this is a common issue. Any suggestions how to get help back?
KL
Ken_Lauchner
Jan 7, 2007
I think my problem is related, although I can’t find a solution above. I just bought a new computer and moved CS2 over and then downloaded a copy of Elements 5. All went well, except that when I look at Help in CS2 all the options I see are Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 and Adobe Help Center 2.1. These are the same two Help options that show up in APE 5.0. What do I need to do to get CS help added?
L
LenHewitt
Jan 7, 2007
What do I need to do to get CS help added?<<

Probably the Photoshop_9.0_en-us.zip file which should be in the /Adobe Help Center/AdobeHelpData/PAckages folder.

See the forum FAQ for instructions.
KL
Ken_Lauchner
Jan 7, 2007
That solved the problem! It would be interesting to know why CS2 didn’t put it in the right spot on a good install (rhetorical question). Thanks for your prompt response.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections