CD
Posted By
Charles_D._Krause
Feb 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
yeah, um I try to install Elements 1.0.1 and I get an error message after the install wizard box gets to 100% and it says, "You need internet explorer 4.0 or higher to install Photoshop Elements. Setup will now exit." or something like that, but I have 6.0. whats going down up in hur?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Feb 9, 2004
Charles,

It is helpful to mention which OS you’re using…ME, XP, 98? Is IE set up to be your default browser? Do you have any antivirus software disabled when trying to install?
CD
Charles_D._Krause
Feb 9, 2004
oh yeah sorry I was in a hurry to go to the movies sorry

XP Home with the Office Professional thingy lol

and it is my default browser

yeah nortin anti-virus 2003 pro
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 10, 2004
from FAQ:

When trying to install Adobe Photoshop Elements in Windows, the Photoshop Elements installer returns the error "This version of Photoshop Elements requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher to be installed. Please install Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher and then run this installation. The installer will exit now."
If you receive this error message and Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher is installed, Photoshop Elements may fail to see your version of Internet Explorer because the application path for Internet Explorer is not set correctly in the Windows registry.

For correction, check here: < http://pshopelementssupport.adobe.com/adobeknowbase/root/pub lic/pe1032.htm>
CD
Charles_D._Krause
Feb 10, 2004
yeah ok that link doesn’t work for me…. could someone get me a worrking link or something thanks
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 10, 2004
sorry, i copy pasted it…didn’t know it wouldn’t work. I assumed it would since it is listed in the forum’s FAQ.
CD
Charles_D._Krause
Feb 10, 2004
thats ok but I tried it from the FAQ section and that link doesn’t work either
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 10, 2004
I think there’s just something wrong with either the server or that particular link to the server. You didn’t say which platform and operating system you’re using (always a good thing to include for help in troubleshooting, by the way.) Somewhere in Control Panels, you should be able to access your internet and e-mail settings. Make sure that the default web browser is set to IE 6.0. Occasionally people need to go in and reset that. Even if it already says IE 6.0, change it to something else, save the change, and then go back and change again back to IE 6.0. Sometimes these things just don’t "take" on the first try. It should be automatic, but I seem to remember that feature was a touch buggy in PSE 1.
CD
Charles_D._Krause
Feb 10, 2004
Platform? well I have a custom system and I told you my OS is XP home
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 10, 2004
Ooops. Sorry, I missed that part. It’s sometimes awkward to go back and review all of the previous posts and catch all of the details; it wasn’t included in your original post. So can I assume resetting the default browser setting didn’t make a difference?
CD
Charles_D._Krause
Feb 12, 2004
yeah its ok but I still don’t have photoshop elements workin’ so yeah lol
CD
Charles_D._Krause
Feb 15, 2004
still nothing….. lol please help me

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections