Posted By
m.andrews
Feb 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Howdy-
I’ve got an odd little problem. When I go to view "image size" in PhotoShop CS, the correct areas "gray out" but the dialog box with the info does not display. Much to my anoyance, the only way out of this is to quit P/S because you need to dismiss the "Image Size" dialog box before you can return. Asking my cubbie neighbor (teaches P/S) about this he offered the idea of deleting the pref’s. "Corrupted" he said. I asked him where the pref’s are located in OS X and he shrugged. "Dunno, never had to delete ’em"
*Sigh* . . . does anyone have any thoughts on this issue at all? Well you know, besides the obvious of "Your s—-ed buddy chuckle chuckle" I’d really appreciate a clue because obviously I’m fresh out of them. thanks for the assist

mark

So . . .Where’s Bin Laden?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

V
Virgil
Feb 23, 2006
In article ,
(Marcintosh) wrote:

Howdy-
I’ve got an odd little problem. When I go to view "image size" in PhotoShop CS, the correct areas "gray out" but the dialog box with the info does not display. Much to my anoyance, the only way out of this is to quit P/S because you need to dismiss the "Image Size" dialog box before you can return. Asking my cubbie neighbor (teaches P/S) about this he offered the idea of deleting the pref’s. "Corrupted" he said. I asked him where the pref’s are located in OS X and he shrugged. "Dunno, never had to delete ’em"
*Sigh* . . . does anyone have any thoughts on this issue at all? Well you know, besides the obvious of "Your s—-ed buddy chuckle chuckle" I’d really appreciate a clue because obviously I’m fresh out of them. thanks for the assist

mark

The preferences folders are in the libraries folders. There are actually at least two libraries folders, one for each user and one for the system.

Use the Finder’s FIND command and search for
NAME = Preferences and
KIND = Folder.
The ones whose Parent is Library are the Preferencesfolders you want.

I have found, in the preferences folder in the libray folder of my boot disk, a file called com.adobe.Photosop.Elements.plist, which is, I suspect, the Elements version of the plist file you want to find.

But, of course, you should save a copy of that file under another name and/or outside the library folder, rather than just trashing it, in case that file is not the problem and you need to reinstate all those preferences it contains.

Hope this helps.
N
neon
Feb 23, 2006
Virgil wrote:
In article ,
(Marcintosh) wrote:

Howdy-

mark

The preferences folders are in the libraries folders. There are actually at least two libraries folders, one for each user and one for the system.
NAME = Preferences and
KIND = Folder.
I have found, in the preferences folder in the libray folder of my boot disk, a file called com.adobe.Photosop.Elements.plist, which is, I suspect, the Elements version of the plist file you want to find.
But, of course, you should save a copy of that file under another name and/or outside the library folder, rather than just trashing it, in case that file is not the problem and you need to reinstate all those preferences it contains.

Hope this helps.
to trash preferences hold down option + command + shift when you start photoshop. you’ll be prompted to reset current settings. fwi – trashing preferences is the first course of action whenever photoshop starts misbehaving. it’s covered in help and the users manual. it’s very basic stuff. virgil’s right, it’s also a good practice to keep a copy of the preferences file for future use. and anyone who teaches photoshop should know how to trash preferences in his sleep.
MA
m.andrews
Feb 25, 2006
Howdy-

mark

NAME = Preferences and
KIND = Folder.

Hope this helps.
to trash preferences hold down option + command + shift when you start photoshop. you’ll be prompted to reset current settings. fwi – trashing preferences is the first course of action whenever photoshop starts misbehaving. it’s covered in help and the users manual. it’s very basic stuff. virgil’s right, it’s also a good practice to keep a copy of the preferences file for future use. and anyone who teaches photoshop should know how to trash preferences in his sleep.

Yeah well you know how that goes. I should have only needed to get married once. Everybody should be honest, that sort of thing. Perhaps he knew but has his reasons for not telling me *shrug* I dunno. All I know is that you folks have been really kind to take the time to help out. I’m headed off to give all of this a try after backing up.
Thanks so muchly,
Mark

So . . .Where’s Bin Laden?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections