D
Posted By
Dernhelm
Nov 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When opening photoshop CS2 these empty folders with name configurations like: " ›¥¿êi®øˇfi¿†}O&#768 ;|êkÿê~êø&#711 ;fl ßòqT", appear periodically in my ~/library/preferences.

It seems 4 empty folders are created whenever I launch photoshop. Someone mentioned it happened to them once they installed and used a scanner. That is similar to my situation only now these strange files appear on just launching photoshop.

They seem harmless enough, just wondering what they could be. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Nov 16, 2006
Yes, those folders are indeed created by a scanner driver, usually an Epson one. You don’t even have to use the scanner for the files to be created.

You can just ignore them, delete them, or disable the scanner’s TWAIN plug-in by typing a tilde (~) in front of the name of your Photoshop TWAIN folder.

Then simply scan outside Photoshop using your scanner’s stand-alone software or a utility like VueScan or SilverFast. That way you can continue to work in Photoshop while the scanning is being done by the scanner.
D
Dernhelm
Nov 16, 2006
Thank you! Yes I was using an epson printer at a new place I was working and they started appearing there on my laptop. Do you happen to know what they are or why they are created?

Thanks again.
R
Ram
Nov 16, 2006
Do you happen to know … why they are created?

Imperfectly written scanner driver. Just a quirk.
D
Dernhelm
Nov 16, 2006
Thanks so much, very helpful.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections