KM
Posted By
kenobe_mayer
Jul 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
cs2 9.0.1 running fine—update to 9.0.1 downloads fine—when it come time to "choose which cs2 to update," finder opens "Apps" and any cs2 program is greyed out—-help?
running on G5 dual—osx 10.3.9—1meg ram—1 teraB hard drives (lots of scratch disk space)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jul 15, 2006
cs2 9.0.1 running fine—

If you already have 9.0.1, logically the update installer cannot find anything to update.

What am I missing in your post??
RG
Rene_Garneau
Jul 16, 2006
For some reasons, even if you have 9.0.1, the automatic Photoshop Updater will ask you if you want to update your current version of Photoshop. And since you already have 9.0.1 installed, then it will be greyed out when comes the time to Select the Application you want to upgrade.

That just happened to me too.
R
Ram
Jul 16, 2006
That’s one of the reasons I never, ever bother with or pay attention to the "automatic Photoshop Updater". Another reason is that it has been broken in the past and it does not alert you to updates.
KM
kenobe_mayer
Jul 29, 2006
Thank you RENE—-I had thought "updater" would check versions first, then download any higher versions—and I thought the offer of an update to 9.0.1 was similar to a new "build" on the latest version—-thanks for GOOD explanation

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections