J
Posted By
JW1000
Sep 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Was just over in downloads and noticed that as of today the 9.02 update is again available for download

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

FE
Fraser_Edward_Crozier
Sep 14, 2006
Thankyou…
R
Ram
Sep 14, 2006
Well, if it reappeared on the main Adobe downloads page it’s NOT there now.

The Adobe Updater reports it as available, but I have always found it wise to ignore the Updater. When it was pulled last time (within 24 hours of its release) we had the sane scenario,
R
Ram
Sep 14, 2006
It’s there now.
Z
zoozx27
Sep 14, 2006
Call me in 3 months after the guinea pigs beta test this. The last .2 really screwed up files that were worked on in it for several of us!
TB
Thurletta_Brown-Gavins
Sep 14, 2006
You took the words right out of my mouth! One reviewer at versiontracker said the new 9.0.2 messed up his files and warned users to stay away from it. I’m using 10.3.9 and had to downgrade after reading about the print-crash problem caused by the last update. For those of you who do upgrade, please share your results and indicate whether you are using 10.4x or 10.3.9. Thanks!
W
WilliamRobinson
Sep 14, 2006
From the Read Me file:
"This 9.0.2 update replaces an earlier version that was briefly distributed via the Adobe Update Manager. This revised update addresses an issue discovered in the earlier release that could cause a crash when printing on systems running Mac OS 10.2.x or 10.3.x. If you previously installed the earlier 9.0.2 update and are affected by that issue, please re-install Photoshop CS2, then apply this update. If you are running Mac OS 10.4 or later, there is no need to reinstall & apply the update."
LV
lida_verner
Sep 14, 2006
Messed up my photoshop as well and now I can’t even get into the program!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 14, 2006
Lida:

Have you tried trashing your Photoshop prefs; trashing Photoshop; Repairing Permissions; re-installing Photoshop and Repairing Permissions again?

[You could have done all of that in less than 20 minutes when the problem first surfaced!]
CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 14, 2006
Green – what are you talking about?

The only reported problems with 9.0.2 was the printing crash on MacOS 10.3.x.
B
Buko
Sep 15, 2006

9.0.2 works perfectly first install 10.4.7

No f_cked up files.
HA
Haralds_Alksnis
Sep 15, 2006
I don’t get past the 9.02 installer on my MacPro 2.66 (10.4.7, 8K1079), it just says:

"Your copy of Adobe Photoshop CS2 could not be updated because an error occurred."

Maybe it’s a good thing given some of the comments…
OO
Omke_Oudeman
Sep 15, 2006
Does somebody know where I can find the international update 9.0.2 for Mac Dutch version. The only Mac version 9.0.2 update I can find is for the English edition and does not work for my Dutch version. The international Windows versions are already available at New Downloads.

regards
Omke
R
Ram
Sep 15, 2006
…Dutch version. The international Windows versions are already available at New Downloads.

Jammer, maar helaas! :/
OO
Omke_Oudeman
Sep 15, 2006
Jammer, maar helaas! ???????????

Dear Ramón,

you keep on surprising me, is Dutch Language also one of your many skills 🙂

nevertheless, still wondering where the update is…

kind regards
Omke
DK
Doug_Katz
Sep 15, 2006
And while we’re asking questions, would anyone be kind enough to remind me of the advantages of 9.0.2 for someone still operating 10.3.9? The tempest over the printing problem created by the first, momentarily available 9.0.2 update has obscured my memory.

Thanks.
R
Ram
Sep 15, 2006
Omke,

Ja, ik kan de mooie nederlandse taal goed lezen en begrijpen. 🙂

Vriendelijke groeten.
R
Ram
Sep 15, 2006
Doug,

From the downloads page:

* Photoshop no longer crashes when encountering unsupported file types through the Acrobat Touchup workflow.
* Supported files that incorrectly produced an "unsupported color space" message now open as expected.
* TIFF files with layer data greater than 2GB now open correctly. * (The printing fix relates to banding problems introduced by Tiger, so not relevant to Panther.)
B
Bernie
Sep 15, 2006
Can I assume by the dearth of wailing and gnashing of teeth, that 9.0.2 is safe to use?
DK
Doug_Katz
Sep 15, 2006
Thanks, Ramón. I’ve never run into those situations or problems… but I’ll update anyway… as soon as Tom gets his answer (:))
B
Buko
Sep 15, 2006
It always was safe to use if you were using Tiger.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 15, 2006
Tom:

No gnashing of teeth in this quarter — if that is any reassurance?!
DK
Doug_Katz
Sep 16, 2006
The question, oh Thoroughly Up To Date Ones, is whether the teeth of any Overly Cautious and Careworn 10.3.9ers are gnashing….
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 16, 2006
The dwindling numbers of the "Overly Cautious and Careworn 10.3.9ers" may be getting a bit long in the said teeth for much gnashing….?

😉
DK
Doug_Katz
Sep 16, 2006
Yeah, yeah, yeah. But the question remains: Are the new 9.0.2 and the long in the tooth 10.3.9 companionable?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 16, 2006
I haven’t heard otherwise.

But, not being a member of the "Honourable Order of Antedeluvian 10.3.9ers", I can’t give you a definitive answer.
DK
Doug_Katz
Sep 16, 2006
This from one of the most venerated Hold-outs in the Cosmos?!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 17, 2006
Ah the ever mysterious and surprising Cosmos: Super-novae, Black Holes, Red Dwarfs and even Worm Holes … ?

8)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections