LB
Posted By
Lorne_Bourdo
Jul 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I tried to update my CS2 Suite and everything updated and installed except for the Photoshop update. Everytime I try it, it says for me to select the Photoshop CS2 in which to apply it to. So I go to applications/photoshop CS2 and try to click teh program to update. It is grayed out and not selectable. So I cannot update. Shoud Uninstall then reinstall? Or is there another way to get this update? Because my photoshop is crashing when trying to open Scanned PDFS.

I’d appreciate the help. Thanks,

Lorne

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Jul 20, 2006
Are you sure you are not updated already?
BC
brian_christopher
Jul 20, 2006
same thing happened to me but it looks like the 9.0.1 update had already installed successfully. the problem is that the adobe updater window DOES NOT properly log this update, so it looks like you haven’t installed it yet.
LB
Lorne_Bourdo
Jul 20, 2006
Gotcha thanks
BR
Ben_Roche
Aug 1, 2006
Is there a way to update the updater?
I also have 9.0.1 installed but the updater wants to download 9.0.1 and install it.
R
Ram
Aug 1, 2006
Just ignore the auto updater. It breaks down often anyway.
JV
J_van_E
Aug 1, 2006
I love this forum. 😉 I had the exact same problem. I just checked the version of Photoshop and it’s indeed already 9.0.1!
BB
by_Buko
Aug 1, 2006
I love this forum.

enjoy it while you have it its about to go bye bye.
LB
Lorne_Bourdo
Aug 1, 2006
What do you mean. This forum is about to be shut down? Why? It helps so much that would be a waste?
BB
by_Buko
Aug 1, 2006
You are not paying attention.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc11617/4>
C
carlpaquette
Aug 3, 2006
Back to the 9.0.1 problem . . . I have the same problem on two Macs. The updater continually wants to update Photoshop that has already been updated to 9.0.1.

Is there a preference or cache file or something that can be deleted/replaced?

Thanks,

— Carl
C
carlpaquette
Aug 3, 2006
Thanks Kirsten:

I did a search of the knowledgebase but I guess I didn’t select the right keywords.

It would be nice if Adobe put out a little patch program to fix the offending file so we wouldn’t have to put up with the annoying update messages.

Regards,

— Carl
LB
Lorne_Bourdo
Aug 3, 2006
That answers my question. Thanks,

Lorne
BB
by_Buko
Aug 3, 2006
Solution: Ignore the Adobe Update Manager prompts .

wasn’t this given as a solution to the problem earlier in the thread?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections